Professional MBA Program - Newnan
Mercer University’s Stetson School of Business and Economics is pleased to announce its first degree program offering in the Newnan/Coweta County area, the highly regarded and nationally ranked Professional Master of Business Administration (PMBA). Through an accelerated format at Mercer’s Newnan Regional Academic Center, the degree can be earned in just 16 months. The Professional MBA degree is for individuals who possess a minimum of four years of working experience, and are interested in advancing their careers to the leadership level in today’s competitive world. A distinct feature of this cohort-based Professional MBA program is the cross-functional, thematically-based modules. Unlike the traditional MBA format which offers separate courses in such areas as accounting, finance, management and marketing, Mercer’s unique Professional MBA curriculum demonstrates how these areas intersect and function together, much as they do in the real world, so candidates can gain the broad perspective needed for effective decision making.
Attributes of the Professional MBA
- Since all candidates have significant professional experience, the classroom becomes an interactive learning environment with the candidates sharing their experiences, facilitated by a highly credentialed faculty team.
- Professional MBA candidates learn through classroom discussions, presentations, team projects, research, and technology-based interaction.
- Four retreats provide an opportunity for concentrated study on specific business topics, including a week-long Best Practices Field Residency, where students meet with top executives of companies successfully competing in today’s challenging marketplace.
- Throughout the program, candidates learn from visiting business leaders. These executives contribute their insights and experience in the classroom as they discuss their companies and how they address the demands of competition in today’s marketplace.
- Mercer’s distinguished and accomplished faculty possess extensive academic and corporate experience, bringing tested and proven strategies for success into the classroom dialogue.
Advantages of Mercer’s Professional MBA
- The program will be offered at Mercer’s new Regional Academic Center in Newnan.
- Classes are held on Friday evenings and all day Saturday, approximately every two weeks.
- The program follows the cohort model, with the class progressing through the courses together in just 16 months.
Or, directly contact:
Kelly L. Williams
Director of Admissions