English Language MBA for International Students
The English Language MBA provides international students with the fundamentals needed to successfully integrate into a full-time or evening Mercer MBA program, as engaged and prepared business students. Learn the language of business and immerse yourself in the U.S. business culture through quality education and real experience.
The English Language Master of Business Administration for International Students is designed to equip students with the foundational knowledge and skills needed to succeed and work in fast-paced corporate environments. This degree program will prepare international students for MBA coursework through top-notch instruction, hands-on experiences, and immersive training in the business culture of the United States.
An added bonus to this innovative degree program is that students complete their coursework at Mercer University’s campus in Atlanta – the heart of the southeastern business hub. And with many of the world’s top corporations headquartered right here in the city, students gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of the business world as well as the practices and structures of some of the country’s most profitable companies.
Students have the option to specialize in one of four areas:
The ELMBA program is offered on Mercer’s Atlanta campus in a cohort format:
- Eight-week sessions, allowing students to complete the program in as little as two years.
- Courses taught by Ph.D.-credentialed faculty with relevant professional experience.
- Small classes provide students with greater support in their coursework and professional development.
- Housing available for students on Mercer’s beautiful 300-acre campus, providing easier access to Atlanta’s business market.
- Access to the Mercer business network through faculty mentorship, guest speakers, special events, networking opportunities, and career management services.
- Academic advisors available to help facilitate course scheduling and progression.
The English Language MBA for International Students curriculum includes:
- First year curriculum that is designed to immerse international students in the language and culture of business in the U.S.
- 36 credit hours of core courses in areas such as managerial accounting and economics, corporate finance, ethical leadership, business communications, and operations management.
- 6 credit hours of elective coursework.
- Curriculum structured to equip students with advanced business skills, offering the high-quality instruction available in all of Mercer's MBA programs.
Students enrolled in Mercer’s ELMBA degree program have access to the thriving Atlanta business market. Individuals who successfully complete the program are prepared to pursue top job opportunities through internships and career coaching at organizations like The Coca-Cola Company, Delta Air Lines, The Home Depot, and UPS.
Applicants for the English Language MBA program must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution; a major in business is not required.
Submit all of the following items to complete your application to the program:
- Stetson School of Business and Economics Application for Admission
Begin application now >
- $100 non-refundable application fee
Submit the required application fee in the form of a check or money order made payable to Mercer University.
- Official GMAT or GRE Test Score*
Applicants must take the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) and submit an official score. *Applicants with exemplary undergraduate backgrounds in a related field of study may waive the GMAT/GRE requirement. To waive the GMAT/GRE qualification, submit an application that is otherwise complete for an initial review. You will be notified when a waiver decision has been made. Unofficial copies of the score report may be included with the application for initial review and evaluation, but an official score report will be required for applicants who are offered admission.
- Official transcripts of all academic work
Submit an official transcript from each academic institution previously attended, reviewed by a foreign credentials evaluation service.
- TOEFL or IELTS Test Scores
Applicants must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and achieve qualifying scores of 65, paper test of 513, or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 5.0. An additional English language assessment will be conducted by Mercer’s English Language Institute after students arrive on campus. If English language skills are determined to be below the equivalent of a 65 TOEFL score, additional English language courses may be required.
- Current Resume
Submit all application materials to:
Stetson School of Business and Economics
Office of Admissions
3001 Mercer University Drive
Atlanta, GA 30341
Admission decisions cannot be made until all application materials have been received.
Priority Application Deadlines
Round 1 - Apply by November 15; Decision by December 15
Round 2 - Apply by January 15; Decision by March 1
Round 3 - Apply by March 1; Decision by April 15
Round 4 - Apply by May 15; Decision by June 1
Classes begin each August.
For more information about program admission, contact our Office of Admissions at 678.547.6300 or email@example.com.
|PROGRAM||PER CREDIT HR||PER 3/HR||PER 6/HR||PER 9/HR|
|English Language MBA||$740||$2,220||$4,440||$6,660|
Additional Program Costs and Benefits
- All students are charged a technology fee.
- Campus parking is free.
- Students enjoy full access to campus facilities, including computer labs, library, fitness center and indoor Olympic pool