Dealing with Difficult People in the Workplace and Winning
Gain the insight you need to help foster a harmonious work environment and boost employee morale.
The Dealing with Difficult People in the Workplace and Winning workshop is designed to provide business managers, owners, leaders, and team members with the tools needed to analyze individual and group needs, resolve conflict, and build personal leadership skills in order to increase productivity in the workplace. The skills and knowledge required to do so are inherent in the key competencies, which provide the foundation of the Dealing with Difficult People program:
- Identifying difficult personality profiles
- Understanding personal and team motivation
- Exploring group dynamics to increase group outcomes
- Brinkman and Kirschner Model of Communication
Key takeaways from the program include:
- Build personal leadership skills to handle difficult employees in the workplace
- Reduce turnover by increasing job satisfaction for challenging employees
- Reduce your own stress level by more affective self-care practices in your work and home environments
- Job recruiters that need to optimize their ability to detect potential workplace disruptors early in the employee selection process.
- Human resource managers who need to effectively understand workplace disruption and develop action plans to improve employee performance.
- Directors and managers seeking to reduce friction in their departments and refocus on workplace productivity.
- Employees who want to transform their relationships with coworkers and improve their social skills with superiors.
- Business owners who need to especially maximize the efficiency of employees and minimize workplace personality stressors that can paralyze a small business.
The cost of this program is $275 per person.
Mercer is offering special discount pricing for this certificate program. Discounts are available for the following:
- Mercer University Students or Alumni
- Mercer University Faculty or Staff
- Military and Veterans
- Past Mercer University Executive Education Participants
- Atlanta Tech Village Staff and Villagers
- Companies sending a team of three or more
Please email ExecEd@mercer.edu or call 678.547.6325 to confirm eligibility and receive your discount code.
George W. Rinker, M.Div., M.S.
George W. Rinker is a Licensed Professional Counselor in Georgia with more than 20 years of experience in helping others find solutions to difficult relationships. He has done Employment Assistance Program work and has managed his own business and served many non-profit organizations as a consultant and counselor. He has degrees in both Business and Counseling, and has taught College and University classes in the Atlanta area for more than 15 years.