Effective Negotiating for Women
Tap into your hidden potential and learn how to become the negotiator who delivers results.
The Effective Negotiating for Women workshop provides specific skills necessary for effective win-win outcomes in professional and personal relationships. This two-day training session allows you to develop a systematic and insightful approach to negotiating and will provide opportunities to test different techniques through multiple negotiation simulations. Upon completing the workshop, participants will leave armed with the tools and confidence needed to position themselves as effective professionals.
- Explore myths and realities of negotiating
- Personalize your negotiating style
- Identify distributive issues and integrative outcomes
- Learn to increase negotiation outcomes for all involved parties
Please check back for 2018 program schedules and registration information.
- Master the ability to focus your negotiations on interests to develop win-win solutions to any problem
- Build your confidence and determination
- Recognize how to package your requests in order to achieve more
- Learn how to avoid the feeling of being taken advantage of by turning personal requests into opportunities for mutual gain
- Executives who want to hone their abilities to react tactically, articulate goals, and enhance person presence in their organizations.
- Directors and managers who are looking to foster alliances in the development of strategies that produce joint-benefits among departments or between organizations.
- Employees who are seeking to understand the complex role and influence of organizational structures and social and cultural pressures that influence interactions in the workplace.
- Women and men who desire a better understanding of ways to improve workplace productivity and effective, creative problem solving.
Mercer is offering special discount pricing for this certificate program. Discounts are available for the following:
- Mercer University Students or Alumni
- Mercer University Faculty or Staff
- Military and Veterans
- Past Mercer University Executive Education Participants
- Atlanta Tech Village Staff and Villagers
- Companies sending a team of three or more
Please email ExecEd@mercer.edu or call 678.547.6325 to confirm eligibility and receive your discount code.
Elizabeth Chapman, Ph.D.
Dr. Elizabeth Chapman is Assistant Professor of Management at Mercer University. She teaches courses including Negotiation, HR Management, Organizational Behavior, and Ethical Leadership. Prior to her academia career, she worked as an HR Generalist. She has won numerous teaching awards in her career to include Beta Gamma Sigma Teacher of the Year and Mercer University’s Distinguished Faculty Award. Her research interests include negotiation, leadership, employee development, career success, and work-family conflict, and she has published in some of the field’s top scholarly journals.