Professional Selling and Business Development
Learn the tactics and communication skills you need to successfully grow your business – taught by seasoned professionals in the business field.
The Professional Selling and Business Development certificate program is designed to provide business leaders and entrepreneurs with the personal selling tools to elevate confidence and self-presentation, identify critical relationship-building opportunities, and develop actionable sales plans. This program allows participants to hone in on the critical skills that are needed to successfully develop a business, as well as honing in on the important communication skills that are needed for a business to thrive. The skills and knowledge required to do so are inherent in the key competencies, which provide the foundation of the Professional Selling and Business Development program:
- Case Analyses
- Individualized Feedback
- Client Relationship Building
- Team Discussions and Debriefs
- Skills for Active Listening
- Understanding Customer Needs
- Practice developing and executing successful sales plans for selling within large enterprises.
- Learn how to build trust with your clients.
- Expand your understanding of the tools firms use to develop long-term partnerships with customers.
- Properly recognize and address customer concerns before they become problems.
- Aspiring and established entrepreneurs.
- Professional service leaders including attorneys, accountants, financial advisors, and consultants.
- Experts in technology and other functional areas who support sales teams.
- Managers who want to help their organizations increase sales and improve their own opportunities for advancement.
- Executives who want to more effectively develop, mentor, and lead their sales teams.
The cost of this program is $650 per person.
Mercer is offering special discount pricing for this certificate program. Discounts are available for the following:
- Mercer University Students or Alumni
- Mercer University Faculty or Staff
- Military and Veterans
- Past Mercer University Executive Education Participants
- Atlanta Tech Village Staff and Villagers
- Companies sending a team of three or more
Please email ExecEd@mercer.edu or call 678.547.6325 to confirm eligibility and receive your discount code.
Linda Brennan, Ph.D.
Dr. Linda Brennan is Professor of Management at Mercer University Stetson School of Business and Economics. She conducts research and consults in the areas of project management and process improvement, including professional selling and business development. Dr. Brennan’s prior work experience includes management, marketing, and systems engineering experience with Fortune 500 companies.
Bob Easter is the founder of the management consultancy firm, Qwest Group. With more than 30 years of experience, he has mastered the craft of personal and professional selling, working with companies large and small, selling both products and services, and satisfying clients around the world. Previous clients include several Fortune 500 companies, a middle market law firm, and a statewide construction company.