Project Management: It’s how smart business leaders turn a vision into a thriving reality.
The Project Management certificate program is designed to provide business managers, executives, leaders, and team members with the skills needed to effectively develop and implement organizational projects. Participants will learn the step-by-step Project Management methodology for delivering projects on time using advanced techniques for scheduling, estimating, budgeting, optimizing project plans and team building. This program also prepares participants for Project Management Professional (PMP) certification. The skills and knowledge required to do so are inherent in the key competencies, which provide the foundation of the Project Management program:
- Project Management Core Competencies
- Quality and Risk Management
- Project Scope, Scheduling, and Cost
- Team Communication
- Real-world Project Management Capstone
- Mastery of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Practical experience developing, implementing and evaluating real-world projects
- The ability to recognize project priorities, coordinate resources more effectively, and identify and manage risk
- Experience with Microsoft Project Management Software
- Managers working in team environments who aim to deliver successful projects on time and profitably.
- Executives who aim to improve project quality while decreasing time and financial costs.
- Leaders managing cross-functional teams requiring a common language for all team members to responsibly participate toward project goals
- Younger managers looking to increase their competencies in best practices in project management, including developing technical and communication skills.
- Project team members who need to effectively executive their project responsibilities.
Mercer is offering special discount pricing for this certificate program. Discounts are available for the following:
- Mercer University Students or Alumni
- Mercer University Faculty or Staff
- Military and Veterans
- Past Mercer University Executive Education Participants
- Atlanta Tech Village Staff and Villagers
- Companies sending a team of three or more
Please email ExecEd@mercer.edu or call 678.547.6325 to confirm eligibility and receive your discount code.
Carol Cagle, Ph.D.
Dr. Carol Cagle is Assistant Professor of Management at Mercer University. She teaches graduate and undergraduate courses in Operations Management and Quality Management. She has extensive experience with Fortune 500 companies managing technological developments. She is an active member of the Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers, the Association of Computing Machinery, the American Society for Quality, and the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals.
Etienne Musonera, Ph.D.
Dr. Etienne Musonera is Associate Professor of Marketing at Mercer University. He teaches Project Management, Business/Marketing Research, Operations and Production Management, International and Marketing Management. He previously worked for a Fortune 500 company as a Manufacturing Quality Systems Engineer, overseeing manufacturing quality systems engineering and project management activities. He consults on marketing strategies, foreign direct investment, decision risk analysis, Lean Six Sigma, business process management, project engineering management, quality management, and World Class Manufacturing (WCM) Best Strategies and Practices.