Panel Discussion: Managing in a Global World
Friday, November 21
12 p.m. - 2 p.m.
Trustees Dining Room - Atlanta
Mercer SSBE and the Financial Management Association-Student Chapter invites you to attend a panel discussion led by community business leaders as they speak about their experience dealing with international business issues, describe their current positions and how to be prepared for the global business world.
Learn how businesses deal with:
- Economics and politics of international trade/ Trade Agreements and globalization
- Risks, challenges, and opportunities of competing in the global marketplace
- Mechanics of international financial transactions permitting the initiation and settlement of trade
- Accounting systems that allow countries to monitor and manage the transfer of resources and capital
- Main institutions/intermediaries which facilitates the flow of resources (MNC’s supernational agencies and financial institutions, government agencies, private financial institutions)
- The legal mechanism and arbitration agencies permitting the settlement of international conflicts
- Changes in Tax laws (inversion) and globalization
- The global environment and its people, in terms of opportunities for new markets and outlets for goods and services
- Culture and its impact on business decisions
- Ethical issues confronting the international business community
Guest speakers include:
- Thomas P. Bishop, Senior Vice President, Compliance Officer, Corporate Secretary and General Counsel - Georgia Power
- Witold Zabinsky, Managing Partner - CSI Corp
- Renee Smith, Director of Program Management - United Parcel Service
- Andri Weathersby, Executive Director, Customer Care - Cox Communications
Mercer University’s Stetson School of Business and Economics is unique in that you will find that our highly respected undergraduate and graduate programs are offered throughout Georgia. You are invited to visit and learn more about our diverse program offerings and how we can help you advance your career.
Click here for a complete list of information sessions on all of our campuses.
The Executive Forum of Mercer University, presented by BB&T, is a corporate and community outreach program of the Eugene W. Stetson School of Business and Economics and the Office of University Advancement. A resource for working professionals in Macon and Atlanta, the Forum provides an opportunity for business and organization leaders to hear from some of the country's most sought-after speakers, while interacting with other business leaders.
Click here to see upcoming speakers and events.