MS Business Analytics
School of Business
Transform data into insights with a Master of Science in Business Analytics
Organizations and businesses depend on skilled business analysts to track complex datasets and succinctly present that information through actionable insights. This degree program combines business education with data retrieval, analysis, and presentation skills that prepare students to analyze, synthesize, and visually present data effectively in a business setting. Earning a Master of Science in Business Analytics from Mercer University will prepare you to build a rewarding business career with the expertise to lead data-driven business decisions every day.
With flexible learning formats and engaging courses, the M.S. in Business Analytics program will prepare you to:
- Manage and manipulate data for informed decision-making
- Master advanced statistical techniques and methodologies used by professionals throughout the field
- Gain experience with statistical and coding software such as Python, R, and SQL
- Communicate effectively through oral and visual presentations using Tableau and Power BI
Background knowledge or experience in the field is not required for the M.S. in Business Analytics program. This program is STEM-eligible.
Choose your program format
Whether you are a working professional or are a recent graduate just beginning your career journey, pursue your graduate business analytics degree in a format that works best for you. Program formats include:
- A weekday, on-campus format consisting of in-person classes on Mercer’s Atlanta campus. Business analytics students who choose this format complete the program in 16 months and have two enrollment options: January or August.
- An online format consisting of online classes that is completed in 15 months. Online M.S. in Business Analytics students will complete an in-person orientation at Mercer’s Atlanta campus. The online format enrolls in January.
Your business analytics program experience
The best business analytics programs provide challenging curriculum, opportunities for practical application, and tools for professional networking. From industry-connected faculty and supportive peers to hands-on learning creating data-driven solutions for real business problems, Mercer has the resources to help you achieve your academic and career goals.
Explore M.S. in Business Analytics courses
As you earn your graduate degree, you will strengthen essential communication skills to reach diverse audiences. You will learn to apply quantitative tools like probability, statistics, and simulations to translate data into action. And you will develop skills that can apply to many industries. Some courses in the M.S. in Business Analytics program include:
- Statistics for Business Analytics
- Marketing and Social Media Analytics
- Data Driven Decision Making
- Legal and Ethical Issues Affecting Big Data
View course descriptions for the M.S. in Business Analytics program.
View the complete program requirements for the M.S. in Business Analytics program.
Achieve your career goals
What is a business analytics degree at Mercer? It is preparation for fast-growing careers, mastering the skills and tools used by leaders in the field, and creating opportunities for you to excel, both as a student and as a professional. When you earn a Master of Science in Business Analytics from Mercer, you carve a path toward a rewarding job in a growing field. Graduates work as professionals in positions such as:
Graduates of the program have interned and work at top companies and organizations, including:
Connect with us and learn more about the M.S. in Business Analytics program
- Schedule a personalized admissions counseling appointment—By making a personalized admissions appointment, you can ask questions, discuss the MS Business Analytics program in detail, and learn more about program courses and which program format is best for you.
- Join an online coffee chat with the graduate admissions team—Grab your cup of coffee and join our graduate admissions team online to chat about the MS Business Analytics program. Get to know our admissions team, program faculty, or current students in a casual, conversational setting. Ask any questions you have and learn what it means to be an MBA student at Mercer. These sessions occur every third Wednesday of the month at 9:00 a.m. Register to join the online conversation.
Learn more about our M.S. in Business Analytics
Join our community of driven scholars
|Fall 2020 – Weekday Format||Spring 2021 – Weekday Format||Spring 2021 – Weekend Format|
|1-2 average years of work experience||3.6 average years of work experience||7.5 average years of work experience|
|32% business-related bachelor’s degree||32% business-related bachelor’s degree||52% business-related bachelor’s degree|
|68% non-business bachelor’s degree||60% non-business bachelor’s degree||48% non business related bachelor’s degree|
43% other – economics, math, nursing, and healthcare administration
|35% female||27% female||35% female|
|30% international||14% international|