MS Business Analytics
School of Business
Transform data into actionable insights
Converting data into information to guide business decisions is a skill highly sought after by today’s employers. Mercer University’s Master of Science in Business Analytics is designed for the detail-oriented problem solver seeking to pursue or advance their career in the growing field of business analytics. This degree program combines business education with data retrieval, analysis, and presentation skills that prepare students to analyze, synthesize, and visually present data effectively in a business setting. Background knowledge or experience in business analytics is not required. This program is STEM eligible.
- Learn to manage and manipulate data for informed decision making
- Increase understanding of statistics and methodologies including linear regression, cluster analysis, and multiple regression
- Gain experience using statistical software packages such as STATA, R, and SPSS
- Develop data visualization skills and present results to others with Tableau and Power BI
The MS in Business Analytics is offered on Mercer’s Atlanta campus in two cohort delivery models:
- A weekday format consisting of on-campus classes that is completed in 16 months. Students are enrolled twice per year in January or August.
- A weekend format that combines Saturday classes with online meetings that is completed in 15 months. Students are enrolled once per year in January.
Mercer’s MS in Business Analytics provides students the opportunity to enhance skills within their current positions or use the degree to launch a career in the field. Graduates of the program can go on to work as business professionals in a variety of positions such as:
- Credit analyst
- Data scientist
- Health care data analyst
- Project developer
- Quantitative marketing analyst
- Pricing strategy analyst
- Risk manager
- Social media strategist
Learn more about our MS in Business Analytics
Ready to take the next step?
Grab your favorite cup of coffee or tea and join Mercer University’s School of Business online to chat about our Master of Science in Business Analytics program. This is a great opportunity to get to know our admissions team, program faculty, or current students in a casual, conversational setting. Ask any questions you may have and learn what it means to be a business student at Mercer. These sessions occur every third Wednesday of the month at 9:00 a.m. Register to join the online conversation.
Join our community of driven scholars
|Fall 2020 – Weekday Format||Spring 2021 – Weekday Format||Spring 2021 – Weekend Format|
|3.3 average GPA||3.2 average GPA||3.4 average GPA|
|1-2 average years of work experience||3.6 average years of work experience||7.5 average years of work experience|
|32% business-related bachelor’s degree||32% business-related bachelor’s degree||52% business-related bachelor’s degree|
|68% non-business bachelor’s degree||60% non-business bachelor’s degree||48% non business related bachelor’s degree|
43% other – economics, math, nursing, and healthcare administration
|35% female||27% female||35% female|
|30% international||14% international|