Dr. Therese Viscelli
Visiting Assistant Professor
- DBA (Doctor of Business Administration), Accounting, Kennesaw State University
- MBA, Georgia State University, Executive Program
- BS, Textiles, Georgia Institute of Technology
After twenty plus years in the industry, Dr. Therese Viscelli completed her DBA in Accounting at Kennesaw State University. She had taught as an adjunct instructor for many years at Georgia State University and Kennesaw State University. Upon completion of her degree, Dr. Viscelli taught at Auburn University for four years before coming to Mercer University in 2018.
- ACC 204 Introductory Financial Accounting
- ACC 377 Cost Accounting
- ACC 421 Accounting Information Systems
- ACC 477 Special Topic – Advanced MS Excel, MS Access, and Tableau
- BAM 602 Financial Reporting and Analysis
- BAM 614 Accounting for Control
- BUS 603 Accounting for Managers
- Business Intelligence
- Information Systems
- System Applications
- Data Analytics
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Educational Pedagogy
- Viscelli, T.R., Hermanson, D., & Beasley, M., “The Strategic Effectiveness of ERM: Implications for Corporate Governance,” Accounting Horizons, 31 (2), pp. 69-82, June 2017.
- Borthick, A.F., Schneider, G.P., & Viscelli, T.R., “Building Skills in Data Analytics: Bridging the Gap Between Spreadsheet Modeling and Database Querying.” Issues in Accounting Education, 32 (1), pp. 59-66, February 2017.
- Viscelli, T.R., Hermanson, D., & Beasley, M., “Research Insights About Risk Governance: Implications from a Review of ERM Research,” Sage Open, December 2016, https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2158244016680230
- McDonald, D.S., & Viscelli, T.R., “Does Information Systems (IS) Really Matter in Business Colleges?” Information Systems Education Journal, January 2006.
- Ernst & Young Foundation-sponsored 2019 Innovation in Accounting Education Award, Borthick, A.F, Schneider, G.P. & Viscelli, T.R., “Analyzing data for decision making: Integrating spreadsheet modeling and database querying,” published in the February 2017 issue of Issues in Accounting Education.
- Best Education paper, Borthick, A.F, Schneider, G.P., & Viscelli, T.R., “Building Skills in Data Analytics: Bridging the Gap Between Spreadsheet Modeling and Database Querying”, 2016 American Accounting Association Information Systems Section Midyear Meeting.
- National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) & BlackRock Call for Papers in Corporate Governance, Finalist 2015. Viscelli, T.R., Hermanson, D, and Beasley, M., “ERM: The Implementation Process and Strategic Effectiveness.”
- BestEducation paper, Borthick, A.F, Schneider, G.P., & Viscelli, T.R., “Analyzing Transaction Data for Improving Business Management: On the Path to Business Analytics for Responding to Business Opportunities and Threats”, 2013 American Accounting Association Information Systems Section Midyear Meeting.
Contact Dr. Therese R. Viscelli
1501 Mercer University Drive
Macon, GA 31207
Stetson Hatcher School of Business, Room 225