Dr. Nicholas P. Marudas
Associate Professor of Accounting and Director of the Masters in Accountancy
- PhD, Accounting, Georgia State University
- MBA, Accounting, New York University
- BA, Chemistry, University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC)
Dr. Marudas has 27 years of industry experience, mostly in internal auditing. For seven years, he was the Director of Internal Audit at a major nonprofit organization where he conducted or supervised internal audits in over 45 countries. He currently is the independent reviewer on all audits of a CPA firm and provides tax and litigation support services to various clients. Dr. Marudas has 17 papers published in peer-reviewed journals and a Google Scholar h-index rating of 10. He also is an algorithmic trader.
- Accounting Theory
- Advanced Financial Statement Analysis
- Advanced Auditing
- Accounting for Managers
Nonprofit accounting and auditing
- Marudas, Nicholas P., Julie Petherbridge, and Arnab Nayak, “Improved evidence on the effect of organizational factors on the sensitivity of donations to inefficiency,” Southern Business and Economic Journal 41: 29-38, 2019.
- Marudas, Nicholas P. and Julie Petherbridge, “Effects of organizational factors on donation sensitivity to an accounting efficiency measure,” Journal of Finance and Accountancy 21: 1-14, 2017.
- Marudas, Nicholas P., Julie Petherbridge, and Russel J. Ciokiewicz. “Stickiness of Fundraising and Administrative Expenses of Nonprofit Organizations,” Academy of Accounting and Finance Studies Journal, 20: 44-51, 2016.
- Marudas, Nicholas P. and Julie Petherbridge. “Another Disappointing First Differences Model of Donations,” International Association of Business and Public Administration Disciplines Conference Proceedings, October 2016.
- Marudas, Nicholas P. and Julie Petherbridge. “Initial Evidence on the Usefulness of Parameter Estimates from Cross-sectional Models of Donations as Proxies for the Effects of Time-series Changes in Donations,” Southern Business and Economic Journal 38: 89-103, 2015.
- Marudas, Nicholas P. “Do Donors Implicitly Ignore Fixed Assets when Assessing Nonprofit Organizational Wealth?” Journal of Finance and Accountancy 18: 1-10, 2015.
Contact Dr. Marudas