Dr. Ehsan Ahmadi
Assistant Professor of Management Science
- Ph.D., Industrial and Systems Engineering, Ohio University, 2019
- M.S., Industrial Management – Operations Research Concentration, Iran, 2013
- B.S. Industrial Engineering, Iran, 2009
Dr. Ahmadi earned his Ph.D. in industrial and systems engineering from Ohio University. He received his M.S. in industrial management with an operations research concentration and his B.S. in industrial engineering. He also worked as an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) project manager and business process specialist in various manufacturing, distribution, and financial companies. He comes to Mercer from Our Lady of the Lake University in San Antonio, Texas, where he was an assistant professor of business analytics. Dr. Ahmadi’s research interests focus on the area of optimization models, supply chain management, data mining, and machine learning methods applied to healthcare and manufacturing systems. He has published numerous articles in top-tier peer-reviewed journals, including Computers and Operations Research, Applied Soft Computing, the Journal of Cleaner Production, and IISE Transactions on Healthcare Systems Engineering.
- Member, Institute for Operations Research and Management Science (INFORMS)
- Applied Operations Research for Process Improvement
- Stochastic Optimization Models
- Large-Scale Optimization
- Supply Chain Management
- Data Mining and Machine Learning
- BDA 612 Management Analytics
- BDA 640 Data-Driven Decision Making
- BDA 600 Survey of Business Analytics
- MGT 382 Operations Management
- BUS 611 Supply Chain and Logistics Management
- BUS 606 Decision Making and Decision Analytics
- Optimization and Prescriptive Analytics
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Operations Research
- Discrete Event Simulation
- Machine Learning
- Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
Visit the Google Scholar profile for a complete list of publications.
- Ahmadi, E., Mosadegh, H., Maihami, R., Ghalehkhondabi, I., Sun, M., & Süer, G. A. (2022). “Intelligent inventory management approaches for perishable pharmaceutical products in a healthcare supply chain.” Computers and Operations Research, 147(November), 105968.
- Ahmadi, E., Maihami, R., Sun, M., Masel, D., & Cagle, C. (2022). “Periodic review multi-period inventory control models for perishable pharmaceutical products in hospitals.” Proceedings of the 2022 IISE Annual Conference.
- Maihami, R., Ghelehkhondabi, I., & Ahmadi, E. (2021). “Pricing and Inventory Planning for Non-Instantaneous Deteriorating Products with Greening Investment: A Case Study in Beef Industry.” Journal of Cleaner Production, 295, 126368.
- Ahmadi, E., Masel, D. T., Hostetler, S., Maihami, R., & Ghalehkhondabi, I. (2020). “A centralized stochastic inventory control model for perishable products considering age-dependent purchase price and lead time.” TOP, 28(1), 231–269.5.
- Ghalehkhondabi, I., Maihami, R., & Ahmadi, E. (2020). “Optimal pricing and environmental improvement for a hazardous waste disposal supply chain with emission penalties.” Utilities Policy, 62.
- Aghaaminiha, M., Akbar Ghanadian, S., Ahmadi, E., & Farnoud, A. M. (2020). “A machine learning approach to estimation of phase diagrams for three- component lipid mixtures.” BBA – Biomembranes, 1862(9), 183350.
- Ahmadi, E., Masel, D., & Hostetler, S. (2019). “A robust stochastic decision-making model for inventory allocation of surgical supplies to reduce logistics costs in hospitals: A case study.” Operations Research for Health Care, 20, 33–44.
- Ahmadi, E., Garcia-arce, A., Masel, D. T., Reich, E., Puckey, J., & Maff, R. (2019). “A metaheuristic-based stacking model for predicting the risk of patient no-show and late cancellation for neurology appointments.” IISE Transactions on Healthcare Systems Engineering, 0(0), 1–17.
- Ahmadi, E., Masel, D., Schwerha, D., & Hostetler, S. (2019). “A bi-objective optimization approach for configuring surgical trays with ergonomic risk consideration.” IISE Transactions on Healthcare Systems Engineering, 1–23.
- Ahmadi, E., Weckman, G. R., & Masel, D. (2018). “Decision making model to predict presence of coronary artery disease using neural network and C5.0 decision tree.” Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing, 9(4), 999–1011.
- Ahmadi, E., Goldengorin, B., Süer, G. A., & Mosadegh, H. (2018). “A hybrid method of 2-TSP and novel learning-based GA for job sequencing and tool switching problem.” Applied Soft Computing, 65, 1–16.
- Farrokh, M., Azar, A., Jandaghi, G., & Ahmadi, E. (2018). “A novel robust fuzzy stochastic programming for closed loop supply chain network design under hybrid uncertainty.” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 341, 69–91.
- Ahmadi, E., Masel, D., Metcalf, A., & Schuller, K. (2018). “Inventory management of surgical supplies and instruments in hospitals: A literature review.” Health Systems, 1–18.
- Ahmadi, E., Zandieh, M., Farrokh, M., & Emami, S. M. (2016). “A multi objective optimization approach for flexible job shop scheduling problem under random machine breakdown by evolutionary algorithms.” Computers & Operations Research, 73, 56–66.
- Featured researcher in healthcare by the ISE magazine, February 2020
- 2018 Omid Behbahani scholarship award, KARMA nonprofit organization, OH, 2018
- 1st place award at “2018 Ohio University’s Research & Creative Activity Expo” in ISE section
- 2nd place award at “2017 Ohio University’s Research & Creative Activity Expo” in ISE section
Contact Dr. Ahmadi
3001 Mercer University Drive, Atlanta, Georgia 30341
Business & Education Academic Building, Office BE 203