Dr. Nik Volkov
Associate Professor of Finance
- Ph.D., Florida Atlantic University, 2915
- MBA, Millersville University, 2007
- BA, International Studies, Millersville University, 2007
- Political Science, Peoples Friendship University, Moscow, Russia 1999-2001
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA®)
- Master Analyst in Financial Forensics (MAFF®)
Dr. Nik Volkov is an Associate Professor of Finance. He teaches classes in corporate finance, financial analytics, international finance, investments, mergers and acquisitions, capital budgeting, and venture funding at the undergraduate and graduate levels. In addition to the courses taught at the university, Dr. Volkov has taught a number of continuing legal education courses on the topic of calculation of economic damages in civil litigation. Dr. Volkov holds a Certified Valuation Analyst and a Master Analyst in Financial Forensics certifications by the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts.
- Principles of Finance (U)
- Corporation Finance (G)
- Investment Analysis (U)
- Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management (G)
- Financial Analytics (G)
- International Economics and Finance (U, G)
- Corporate Restructuring via Mergers and Acquisitions (G)
- Venture Funding (G)
- Capital Budgeting (G)
- Vice President, National Association of Forensic Accounting
- American Finance Association
- Financial Management Association
- Southern Finance Association
- Academy of Financial Services
- Southern Economics Association
- National Association of Forensic Economics
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- Forensic Economics and Finance
- Spending Time with His Kids
- Growing Coral Reef in His Aquarium
- Agapova, A. and Volkov, N., 2021. Tax-Induced Trading: the Effect of Capital Gain Tax Changes. The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 79, pp. 245-259.
- Timmerman, I. and Volkov, N., 2021. Education, Career Choice, and Financial Planning: Implications for Financial Planners. Journal of Financial Planning, 34(2), pp. 64-67.
- Agapova, A., Madura, J, and Volkov, N., 2020. Information Leakage of ADRs Prior to Company Issued Guidance, Research in International Business and Finance, 54, 101304.
- Timmerman, I. and Volkov, N., 2020. Career and education choice as the central elements of wealth maximization. Financial Services Review, 28(3) pp. 179-200.
- Adams, A. F., and Volkov, N., 2020. The effect of COVID-19 on business valuation. The Family Law Review.
- Agapova, A. and Volkov, N., 2019. “Guidance on strategic information: investor-management disagreement and firm intrinsic value.” Journal of Banking and Finance, 108, 105632.
- Volkov, N.I., 2018. “Assessing Economic Damages in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation: The State of South Carolina.” Journal of Forensic Economics, 27(2), pp. 179-191.
- Chira, I. and Volkov, N.I., 2017. “The Choice of Sale Method and its Consequences in Mergers and Acquisitions.” The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 63, pp. 170-184.
- Volkov, N.I. and Yuhn, K.H., 2016. “Oil Price Shocks and Exchange Rate Movements.” Global Finance Journal, 31, pp. 18-30.
- Volkov, N.I., Chira, I., and Premti, A., 2016. “Who is successful on the finance Ph.D. job market?” Journal of Corporate Finance, 37, pp. 109-131.
- Volkov, N.I. and Smith, G.C., 2015. “Corporate diversification and firm value during economic downturns.” The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 55, pp. pp. 160-175.
- 2019, Featured Member, The Forecast, a seasonal publication of The National Association of Forensic Economics
- 2019, Young Alumni Achievement Award, Millersville University
- 2019, 40 under 40 in the Valuation World, National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- 2017, Exemplary Faculty Award, Mercer University
- 2016, ETF Research Academy Grant, Paris-Dauphine House of Finance and Lyxor Asset Management
- 2014, FMA Doctoral Student Consortium, Financial Management Association International
- 2011-2012, FAU Presidential Doctoral Fellowship, Florida Atlantic University
Contact Dr. Volkov
3100 Mercer University Drive
Atlanta, GA 30341
Stetson Hatcher School of Business, Room 256