Dr. Nik Volkov
Assistant Professor of Finance, Master of Science in Business Analytics Program Director
- PhD, Florida Atlantic University
- MBA, Millersville University
- BA, Millersville University
Dr. Nik Volkov teaches financial analytics, corporate finance, investments, and international finance. His research is in the area of valuation of future cash flows, disclosure policy, investments, human capital, and behavioral finance.
- Financial Analytics
- Corporate Finance
- Portfolio Management
- International Finance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Financial Management Association
- National Association of Forensic Economics
- Agapova, A., Madura, J., and Volkov, N., 2020. “Information Leakage of ADRs Prior to Company Issued Guidance,” Research in International Business and Finance, 54, 101304.
- Agapova, A. and Volkov, N., 2020. “Tax-Induced Trading: The Effect of Capital Gain Tax Changes.” The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Forthcoming.
- Timmerman, I. and Volkov, N., 2020. “Career and education choice as the central elements of wealth maximization.” Financial Services Review, 28(3) pp. 179-200.
- Agapova, A. and Volkov, N., 2019. “Guidance on strategic information: investor-management disagreement and firm intrinsic value.” Journal of Banking and Finance, 108, 105632.
- Volkov, N.I., 2018. “Assessing Economic Damages in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation: The State of South Carolina.” Journal of Forensic Economics, 27(2), pp. 179-191.
- Chira, I. and Volkov, N.I., 2017. “The Choice of Sale Method and its Consequences in Mergers and Acquisitions.” The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 63, pp. 170-184.
- Volkov, N.I. and Yuhn, K.H., 2016. “Oil Price Shocks and Exchange Rate Movements.” Global Finance Journal, 31, pp. 18-30.
- Volkov, N.I., Chira, I., and Premti, A., 2016. “Who is successful on the finance Ph.D. job market?” Journal of Corporate Finance, 37, pp. 109-131.
- Volkov, N.I. and Smith, G.C., 2015. “Corporate diversification and firm value during economic downturns.” The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 55, pp. pp. 160-175.
- 2019, Featured Member, The Forecast, a seasonal publication of The National Association of Forensic Economics
- 2019, Young Alumni Achievement Award, Millersville University
- 2019, 40 under 40 in the Valuation World, National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- 2017, Exemplary Faculty Award, Mercer University
- 2016, ETF Research Academy Grant
Contact Dr. Volkov
3100 Mercer University Drive
Atlanta, GA 30341
Stetson Hatcher School of Business, Room 256