Dr. Faye A. Sisk
- Ph.D., University of Florida/Kellogg Fellow
- MBA, Kennesaw State University
- MED, University of North Florida
- BA, Agnes Scott College
- Medical Technologist, MT (ASCP)
Dr. Faye Sisk has been a member of the Mercer faculty for a number of years. She has been instrumental in developing a number of programs and offerings in the business school. She has served as program director for the executive MBA and health care management programs. Dr. Sisk joined the Mercer faculty following a successful career in business. She was Executive Director for Research and Development at HBO and Company (HBOC), now McKesson. While at HBOC she was also Director of Industry Marketing. Prior to joining HBOC Dr. Sisk was a consultant with IMS America and worked with over 2500 hospitals nationally. Her federal clients included the CDC, HHS, NIDA, and the DEA. During her corporate career she was a frequent speaker at meetings on the topic of the electronic medical records and managed care, as well as health care information systems. She has consulted both in the United States and in Europe in the health care field. She teaches in both the undergraduate and graduate business programs. Her academic research interests include health care management, quality management and human capital management.
- Strategic Management
- Health Care Management
- Human Capital Management
- Ethical Leadership
- Health Care Management
- HIMSS: Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society, Senior Fellow
- ACHE: American College of Healthcare Executives
- SMA: Southern Management Association
- Strategies to Mitigate Second Generation Gender Bias in Marketing Education, Academy of International Business Conference Proceedings
- Online Teaching Effectiveness: Closing the Gap, (Conference Proceedings) Marketing Management Association, 2019.
- Human Resource Development and Human Resource Management Levers for Sustained Competitive Advantage, Journal of Management and Organization, 2018.
- Business Education and Gender Bias at the “C-Level”, Administrative Issues Journal: Education, Practice, and Research
- Economics and Epidemics: An Expansion of Managing Risk & Enhanced Accountability, Journal of Leadership, Accountability & Ethics, 2016.
- Strategic Management for Results, Cognella Press with Linda Brennan
- Faculty Member of the Year, SHSB
Contact Dr. Sisk
3001 Mercer University Drive, Atlanta, Georgia 30341
Business & Education Academic Building, Room 202