Evening Master of Business Administration
The Evening Master of Business Administration (MBA) program on Mercer’s Macon campus immerses you in a highly interactive learning environment where students and faculty alike bring diverse real-world experience to the classroom. Our evening format is offered over the course of three semesters per year and it is tailored for motivated individuals who are actively employed or full-time students. Our renowned professors are experts in their fields of research and will help you translate the knowledge gained in the classroom into a professional advantage. Our evening MBA program is affordable and flexible, thus ideal for military personnel and working people on the go. Lessons learned can be immediately applied at work. The program can take up to six semesters to complete, but can also be finished in a year.
Mercer’s flexible evening format helps working professionals maintain a manageable work-life balance:
- An individual course meets one night per week
- Courses are scheduled on weeknights, Monday through Thursday
- Students can supplement some on-campus classes with SSBE online courses
- Enroll anytime for fall, spring, and summer semesters.
- The entire program can be completed in 12-24 months.
The curriculum of the Macon Evening Master of Business Administration Program consists of three required foundational prerequisites plus twelve MBA-level courses:
1. Before enrolling in MBA-level courses, the student must complete three prerequisite courses in economics, statistics, and finance and accounting. This ensures that the student is fully prepared to enter into and succeed in the program. One or more of these courses may be waived with appropriate prior college or university credit. Further details are provided in the MBA section of the current Mercer University Macon Catalog.
2. The remainder of the program consists of twelve three-credit-hour MBA-level courses. The courses provide a thorough grounding in the essential disciplines of business: accounting, finance, economics, marketing, management, and business law and ethics. A complete description of each course is provided in the current Mercer University Macon Catalog. A “check sheet” listing the courses is available here.
Submit each of the following items to complete your application:
1. Online Macon Evening MBA Program Application for Admission
Begin application now >
2. Transcripts from All Previously Attended Institutions of Higher Education
Official transcripts from every college or university previously attended regardless of length of enrollment (including undergraduate, graduate, summer school, and study abroad coursework) must be sent to the Macon MBA Admissions Office. Mercer University graduates can apply for a transcript here.
3. Official GMAT or GRE Test Score
Applicants, unless exempted in the limited circumstances described below, must take the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), submit an official score to the Macon MBA Office, and achieve a qualifying score. Only scores earned within the five years prior to admission will be considered.
Applicants may waive the GMAT/GRE requirement if:
a. The applicant has already earned a graduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university or an equivalent international graduate degree; OR
b. The applicant qualifies for admission to the Evening MBA Program under the business school’s Special Consideration Program (SCP). The SCP applies only to applicants who have received an undergraduate degree from Mercer University. Further details about the SCP are provided in the current Mercer University Macon Catalog; OR
c. The applicant is currently an undergraduate student in the Bachelor of Science in Technical Communication program at Mercer University in Macon and meets the requirements for exemption from the GRE/GMAT for the dual BS in Technical Communication/MBA. Further details about requirements for admission to the BS in Technical Communications/MBA program are provided in the current Mercer University Macon Catalog.
Applicants for Fall 2020 may apply as Test Optional to be considered for admission without submission of test scores if they meet other admissions criteria.
4. $50 Non-refundable Application Fee ($100 for International Applicants)
An applicant must submit the required application fee in the form of a check or money order made payable to Mercer University. Do not send cash. The application fee is non-refundable and does not apply toward tuition or fees.
The School of Business is waiving application fees for Fall 2020.
All transcripts, test scores, payments, and questions about the admissions process to the Macon Evening Program should be directed to:
Director of Graduate Admissions
Stetson-Hatcher School of Business
250 Stetson Hall
1501 Mercer University Drive
Macon, Georgia 31207
Ready to take the next step? Schedule your personalized admissions counseling appointment >