Why Mercer Business
The Stetson School of Business and Economics is part of Mercer University’s academic community of 12 schools and colleges. Mercer is one of America’s oldest and most distinctive institutions of higher learning, and our distinguished faculty and outstanding students in the business disciplines have garnered national recognition and repeat accolades.
At A Glance
- Our business programs are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), placing Mercer in the top 5% of business schools worldwide.
- Mercer is ranked among the Top 25 Best Value Schools in America by U.S. News & World Report.
- Mercer is named to The Princeton Review’s Best 294 Business Schools.
- For 12 consecutive years, Mercer has been named to the top 15 percent of colleges and universities nationwide by The Princeton Review.
Entrepreneurship at Mercer
The Stetson School of Business and Economics is committed to empowering students to become successful entrepreneurs and business leaders—creating and executing their own business plans to fulfill a need they identified in the real world. The school sponsors an annual Entrepreneurial Festival in celebration of free enterprise. The event is composed of an Elevator Pitch Contest, an Entrepreneurial Forum led by innovative guest speakers and a Business Model Competition.
Recent Recognitions include:
- Business Students Win Start-up Money at Entrepreneurial Festival >
- Business Students Win ‘Elevator Pitch’ Competition >
Research that Reaches Out
Mercer University is committed to equipping students with the knowledge and skills required to engage in sophisticated research aimed at solving real problems facing humankind. The University’s Research that Reaches Out initiative is a quality enhancement plan that
- Enhances student learning through service-focused research and
- Fosters a culture of civic engagement through scholarship and service.
We believe that our academic commitment to integrating research and service will enable us to inspire students to use their gifts and talents to live lives of meaning and purpose.
Learn more about the integration of research and service at Mercer >
Military Friendly School DesignationMercer University is dedicated to supporting the educational success of our servicemen and women, veterans and their families as they pursue their educational goals. This unwavering commitment has resulted in Mercer being named a Military Friendly School, a designation reserved for the top 15 percent of universities and technical schools in the country that are doing the most to embrace military service members, veterans and family members as students and ensure their success on campus. In April 2015, Mercer was named Georgia’s first Purple Heart University by the Military Order of the Purple Heart.
Mercer is also a federally designated “Principles of Excellence” institution, and we make it a priority to provide military-connected prospective students with superior assistance and communication throughout the admissions and enrollment process.
Mercer offers an array of educational benefits for members of the military and their families, including the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program. Learn more about Mercer’s alliance with the military and see a complete list of benefits at workingadults.mercer.edu/military.