Jordan "Jody" Blanke
Ernest L. Baskin, Jr. Distinguished Professor of Computer Science and Law
- BS, MS, SUNY at Stony Brook
- JD, with Distinction, Emory University School of Law
Jody Blanke is a Professor of Computer Science and Law at the Stetson School of Business and Economics in Atlanta. He earned undergraduate and graduate degrees in computer science from the State University of New York at Stony Brook and a law degree with distinction from Emory University School of Law. He practiced law as a commercial litigator and clerked for a judge in New York for several years.
In his thirty-five years as a full-time faculty member, Professor Blanke has taught a wide variety of graduate and undergraduate courses in computer science, law, and ethics. He regularly teaches the Legal, Ethical & Regulatory Environment of Business, Issues in Business Law and Corporate Social Responsibility, Law for Entrepreneurs, the Law of Ethics of Big Data, Privacy Law and Policy, and Employment Law. He is a three-time recipient of the Stetson-Hatcher School of Business Outstanding Faculty Award.
Jody Blanke is a past president of the Academy of Legal Studies in Business (ALSB), an international professional organization of lawyers who teach (primarily) in business schools. He served on its Executive Committee for five years.
Professor Blanke writes primarily in the areas of privacy law, and technology and society. He has published articles in a variety of journals, including the Columbia Science and Technology Law Review and the American Business Law Journal.
- Protection for “Inferences Drawn:” A Comparison between the General Data Protection Rule and the California Consumer Privacy Act
Global Privacy Law Review (Forthcoming 2020)
- Top Ten Reasons to Be Optimistic About Privacy
55 Idaho L. Rev. 281 (2019)
- Predictability for Privacy in Data Driven Government (with Janine Hiller, co-author)
20 Minnesota Journal of Law, Science & Technology 32 (2018)
- Carpenter v. United States Begs for Action
2018 Illinois Law Review Online 260
- Privacy and Outrage
9 Case Western Reserve Journal of Law, Technology and the Internet (2018)
- Smart Cities, Big Data, and the Resilience of Privacy (with Janine Hiller, co-author)
68 Hastings Law Journal 309 (2017)
- Frank Miller’s Sin City College Football: A Game to Die For and Other Lessons About the Right of Publicity and Video Games
72 Washington & Lee Law Review 379 (2015)
- The Legislative Response to Employers’ Requests for Password Disclosure
14 The Journal of High Technology Law 42 (2014)
- No Doubt About It – You’ve Got to Have Hart: Simulation Video Games May Redefine the Balance Between and Among The Right of Publicity, The First Amendment, and Copyright Law
19 Boston University Journal of Science & Technology Law 26 (2013)
- SSRN Papers
Contact Dr. Blanke
3001 Mercer University Drive, Atlanta, Georgia 30341
Business & Education Academic Building, Room 225