Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Management Certificate
Learn to effectively promote diversity, equity, and inclusion at work
Employees and customers value organizations that value and support diversity from the inside out. Earn a diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) certificate to become an agent for change and cultivate inclusive environments as a leader. In the program you will learn how to plan, design, and implement an organizational intervention to instill a sense of belonging among diverse stakeholders. The result will be motivated employees, enhanced organizational efficiencies, and infusing inclusion throughout diverse and global organizations.
Format: Online, Cohort • Start Term: August • Completion Time: 9 months
Admission requirements for the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Management certificate
To be eligible for the DEI certificate, you must hold a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a college or university accredited by an institutional accreditor recognized by the U.S. Department of Education with an acceptable level of scholarship. Learn More
International applicants must submit transcripts and academic records showing completion of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a foreign university. Mercer’s Office of Graduate Admissions evaluates international credentials in-house at no cost for applicants. Students must submit certified English translations of their academic records if the language of record on such documents is not English. Learn More
Personalize your graduate certificate studies
Mercer is committed to equipping you with the education you need to meet your DEI management career goals. Pursue a diversity, equity, and inclusion certificate as a stand-alone offering, or stack it with other graduate certificates offered by the School of Business through the Master of Science in Integrative Business. Add to your toolkit with a graduate certificate in:
- Business and Data Analytics
- Compliance, Regulation, and Analytics in Fintech
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Healthcare Management and Analytics
- Supply Chain Management
- Women in Leadership
Explore Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Management certificate courses
Become a more responsible leader, co-worker, and global citizen when you earn a graduate certificate in diversity, equity, and inclusion. As part of the program, you will examine theory and best practices. In the final course, you will plan, execute, and assess an organizational intervention to improve DEI management at the intrapersonal, interpersonal, group, or organizational level.
Complete four courses to earn the diversity, equity, and inclusion certificate:
- DEI 610 Managing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Understand issues affecting diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace, as well as the beliefs and values held by various groups, to know how to better work together.
- DEI 620 Inclusion and Diversity Self-Assessment and Development: Gain the foundation you need to effectively create awareness for—and then build—inclusive organizational cultures.
- DEI 630 Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in a Global Workplace: Learn to adapt your organization toward global diversity by exploring international issues as well as domestic cultures and varied perspectives.
- DEI 640 Creating Inclusive Workplaces: Build practical skills from the view of a consultant to influence change related to your diversity, equity, and inclusion certificate.
Apply your learning to interesting exercises as part of your classwork for a DEI certificate. You will plan and implement your measures and then assess your results to determine successes and areas of improvement. In other courses, you will engage in role-playing of critical conversations, among other activities that ensure your adoption of vital skills.
View course descriptions for the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Management certificate.
How a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Management certificate will impact your career
Completing the diversity, equity, and inclusion management graduate certificate, will develop the power skills sought by today’s organizations. Enhance your resume and career prospects when you share your abilities to:
- Assist individuals, groups, or organizations to identify issues related to diversity, equity, or inclusivity
- Plan, implement, and evaluate an intervention related to inclusion, diversity, or belonging
- Assess yourself regularly to ensure your ongoing support of these concepts
2023-2024 Tuition Rates
Per credit hour: $851
Per 3 hours: $2,553
Per 6 hours: $5,106
Per 9 hours: $7,659
Per 12 hours: $10,212
Ready to take the next step?
Schedule your personalized admissions counseling appointment.