Sports Marketing and Analytics
The Sports Marketing and Analytics program provides students with the skills and business background to pursue careers within or related to college and professional sports organizations. This program has been developed to provide a premier business school education with a focus on professional sports to help you make the jump from college to the pros.
The Sports Marketing and Analytics program offers a comprehensive curriculum focusing on sports and entertainment marketing, professional selling, digital analytics, sports marketing research and facility operations management. Professors teaching in the program have extensive experience with the sports industry through interaction with current executives, conducting research, and/or prior work history. These industry connections benefit students as they learn about current market trends, meet guest speakers that help in connecting the course content with real-world applications, and search for an internship in a professional sports setting.
View the BBA in Sports Marketing and Analytics Program Profile
As the sports industry grows, the demand for job candidates interested in professional sports careers that also have business acumen is surging. Professional teams may receive hundreds of applications for an open position, yet few applicants will have a degree from a top business school and even fewer with a specialized degree in Sports Marketing and Analytics. Earning a respected degree from Mercer University – a nationally recognized and accredited institution – will give you the edge that you need to stand out in the job market.
As a Sports Marketing and Analytics major, you will take specialized business courses to prepare for interviews with professional teams and other sports industry organizations in the areas of ticket sales, sponsorship sales and activation, facility operations, event management, and community relations.
Students will have access to network with members of the Sports Marketing and Analytics Advisory Board, which is comprised of key personnel of prominent teams and organizations. Board members are committed to interview students for internships and entry-level positions during the annual Sports Business Combine and help develop students through class projects, classroom visits, and hosting the Sports Business Club at their location. Sports Marketing and Analytics Advisory Board members include:
- Heather Blackwood – Client Services, Atlanta Motor Speedway
- Jason Capel – Vice President, Van Wagner Sports & Entertainment
- Amanda Dinkel – Community Relations Manager, Atlanta Falcons
- Rebecca Duensing – Event Marketing Manager, Professional Bull Riders, Inc.
- Michael Farris – Director of Strategic Consulting and Research, The Aspire Group
- Allison Fillmore – Senior Director of Sales, TOUR Championship - PGA Tour
- Rolanda Gaines – Director of Marketing and Communications, FOX Sports South/Southeast/Tennessee/Carolinas
- Eddie Gonzalez – Chief Business Officer and Tournament Director, BB&T Atlanta Open
- Ryan Gottlieb – Director of Sales and Service, The Aspire Group-Georgia Tech
- Jonathan Griffith – President, Studer Entertainment and Retail
- Shea Jury – Marketing Coordinator, Van Wagner Sports & Entertainment
- Barbara Osborne – General Manager, Florence Red Wolves
- Warren Parr – Director of Ticket Sales, Atlanta Falcons
- Eric Platte – Senior Director of Ticket Sales, Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club
- Chuck Saulino – Vice President of Corporate Sales, PrimeSport
- Richard Thornton – Senior Manager of Ticket Sales, Atlanta Braves
- CJ Wiatr – Regional Vice President of Fan Relationship Management, The Aspire Group